Project ALERT is a free classroom-based substance abuse prevention curriculum for grades 7-8 students that has been proven to reduce the experimental and continued use of drugs. Through a series of comprehensive lessons, Project ALERT motivates students against drug use, cultivates new non-use attitudes, and equips teens with the skills and strategies they’ll use to resist drugs.
Teachers can be trained in Project ALERT through the online self-paced training. Lesson plans are web-based and downloadable. These lesson plans also include supporting videos and posters. Project ALERT includes:
- Fourteen eReader lesson plans
- Eight online interactive student videos
- Twelve projectable classroom posters
- Online teacher training
- A certificate of training completion
- Toll-free phone support and online technical assistance
- An electronic newsletter
Project ALERT lessons have been aligned to the SD Language Arts Core Content Standards.
Click to access the Project ALERT Curriculum Alignment